Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Redefining The Old... Get Folked In A New Style...

 Outsider, weird folk, acoustic/electric drone, american primitive or whatever other tag you want, there's some awesome new music out there!  Drawing on the influences of Fahey, Basho and other old school masters to one degree or another the amount of talent that has come to the front of the bus in the last little while is rather crazy.  I do not profess to be an expert on the genre (or mixes thereof), but do fully dig what I have discovered!  At 61 years of age and having bought sold records for a meagre living since my teenage years, trust me I know a little!  Here's a few gems all relatively current that tickle my fancy and maybe they will yours...

From upper left to right...

Matthew J. R

Distels

Great North Star

Rob Noyes & Joseph Allred

Joseph Allred

No comments: