Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Jeff Dahl...What Goes Around, Comes Around

 

In the late 80's I scored new 7" singles by Jeff Dahl released on Sympathy For the Record Industry.  I knew Jeff’s name by way of Vox Pop, Angry Samoans and Powertrip.  These 2 singles blew my head off with the hard rock of the early 70's and the power of late 70's punk, a perfect marriage!  Jeff's 1st solo LP on Triple X- "I Kill Me", kicked my ass!  Jeff Dahl was part of the reason I started Resin Scraper in 1992. 


  

That year I sent Jeff our first cassette only album (we were covering "Lisa's World" and he wrote me back a thank you note. 

👈








Jim Bryson saw Jeff somewhere in the USA when Punchbuggy were on tour, went to the show, bought me a 7" and asked Jeff to sign it (one of my most cherished record gifts ever) !  👉






In 1999 the honor of sharing a stage with Jeff became a reality and in my mind, one of the most sizzling double bills I ever booked at the Dominion Tavern!  What a night!  We have stayed in touch off and on over these many years and Jeff continues to put out album after album of relentless power, energy and in yer’  face R&R greatness !





Not more than a month or so back out of the blue, I got a message from Jeff simply saying, that he'd been thinking on what a wonderful show that one was back in 1999...24 years later!  





Me and Jeff @ The Dominion Tavern 1999 👉








2 weeks later Jeff’s latest album "All My Friends Are Crows" arrives in the mail ! Absolute ass kicking R&R beast of the highest order!❤





Jeff Dahl "All My Friends Are Crows"






Saturday at the Ottawa Record Fair I snagged a copy of The Jeff Dahl Group – “Pussyfart K.O. Live" (fanclub LP) from a dude who originally bought it from me 30 years ago at Birdman Sound!  What goes around comes around!  Love ya Jeff and thanks for the album dude, YOU RAWK! ❤





Jeff Dahl - 1970 (Stooges cover-LIVE) ðŸ‘‰

4 comments:

Looking Glass said...

More stories John - You are always at the epicentre - 8)

The Birdman said...

{:>))))

Unknown said...

What a cool story, John. Long strange trip, huh? Cheers…

The Birdman said...

Indeed a long strange trip and part of the whole journey! {:>))))