Tuesday, December 8, 2009

JACK ROSE....Rest In Peace


Two people called me at home this past Sunday to let me know about Jack Rose passing from this earth. I hate those phone calls. I will pay musical tribute to Jack Rose with selections taken from a half dozen or so of his recordings that I have grown very fond of over the past few years. Check him out in a musical way this Friday morning at 9:30 am on "Friday Morning Cartunes" on 93.1 FM or www.ckcufm.com . You should also check out this link... http://www.arthurmag.com/2009/12/05/remembering-jack-rose/

Although I did not know him personally I will miss him nonetheless...

1 comment:

The Tall House Recording Co said...

Sad news indeed. He was a big influence on my playing. Kensington Blues is a masterpiece and one of my favorites for sure.